Pathcore is a Toronto-based software company specializing in whole slide digital pathology image management and workflow solutions. The company develops leading enterprise grade software for managing big pathology data which supports cancer informatics and healthcare IT. We are located in downtown Toronto, steps away from Queen’s Park metro station and the MaRS discovery district.
About the Position
We are looking for a unique individual who has the technical expertise and knowledge to back-up our sales team when showcasing our leading products to potential and new clients. We want you to drive success by leading technical discussions and demonstration of our applications to prospective clients during sales calls, presentations, conferences, and pitches. If you have an interest in learning the ins and outs of a product and showcasing how it can best meet client demands, apply to this great opportunity!
This role requires the use of technical skills to explain the benefits of our application to potential clients. The ideal person for this role will have a deep understanding of health science as it applies to cancer research, therapeutics and/or diagnostics, and is a computer wiz with proficiency in the use of software, networking and cloud technologies. We need you to be fearless, personable, and outgoing to achieve a balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
- Develop and manage relationships with prospective and new clients
- Lead demonstrations to prospective clients, highlighting key features and value props
- Provide pre-and post-sales technical support to sales staff and prospective customers
- Work with end-users, researchers, physicians and IT staff to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide support
- Initiate, implement and coordinate business development projects with team members
- Assist in the implementation of technologies and processes to improve internal workflow
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of product offerings and their value to customers
- Provide remote and on-site training to customers and partners
- Actively participate in the planning, forecasting, and documentation of sales activities
- Ensure seamless transition throughout the pre- and post-sale process
- Lead preparation of sales material such as RFPs, proposals, presentations
- Deliver technical, commercial and marketing presentations when required
- Identify and resolve support requests and/or escalate them to appropriate staff
- Conduct testing and continual improvement of products
- Install, integrate and configure Pathcore systems remotely and on-site when as needed
- Be proactive and help customers plan for their needs and future demand
- Engage and work closely with regional sales staff and/or channel-reseller partners
- Experience in technical support, server administration or other IT fields
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, etc
- Experience with configuring Linux and Windows server environments
- Understanding of cloud computing and virtualized environments
- Understanding of web protocols, such as HTTP(S), SMTP, TLS, etc.
- Understanding of computer networking fundamentals such as VPN, DNS, DHCP , etc.
- Understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Ability to understand new technologies quickly is essential
- Good interpersonal skills and customer focused mindset
- Past experience using software for medical imaging
- Degree or experience in health sciences (e.g. biology, immunology)
- Working experience with network technologies, systems and security
- Experience with software or other complex sales processes
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, Windows, Linux, web applications, etc.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to travel within Canada and US with short notice
- Base salary + commission
- Medical and health benefits package
- Travel allowance
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying