Pathcore is a remote-first biotech company specializing in whole slide digital pathology image management and workflow. We develop advanced enterprise software used throughout the medical market to manage pathology data and support cancer information. We are passionate about developing software that makes a difference.
Our Engineering team is in a period of rapid growth and we're looking to add a few more members to the team. If you are a passionate engineer or developer, with a few years experience, looking to make a change in your life, and work on a team that's contributing to making the world a better place, then we're interested in hearing from you!
Qualifications - What you need to get the job
- Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience
- Experience developing web application backends using Python, Flask (preferred), Django, Rails, Express, or an equivalent framework
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with using software development tools and methods (source control, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous integration, etc.)
We don't expect people to have perfect experiences. If you don't have every point on this list that's ok! Our guideline is if you match with at least 2 of the qualifications you're a contender for the role.
Responsibilities - What you’ll do day to day
- Review, test, and enhance existing features
- Test and document your solutions
- Develop architecture and implementation plans alongside our system designers
- Ensure development targets are met on time
- Produce high-quality, well-tested, and user friendly software
- Explore and learn new technologies
What gives you bonus points?
- Linux, and cloud platform experience
- Experience with medical imaging software, image analysis, or microscopy
- A commitment to quality that rivals ours
- Willingness to wear multiple hats (literally and figuratively)
- Willingness to question the status quo
- Familiarity with ISO 27000 standards
- The knowledge that your job is making a difference in the world
- A quality first mentality when it comes to work - opportunity to invest in building lasting code
- A very nice monthly salary (in the ballpark of $75 - $95k annually)
- Plenty of paid time off
- Flexible work schedules
- Robust health benefits
- Home Office allowance
- Growth Opportunities!
- This is a remote position, so you get to work from where you want (Within Canada)
- Really awesome coworkers (if we do say so ourselves)
We’re looking to grow as a diverse and inclusive workspace. We recognize that each person brings their own unique experiences and knowledge to a position, therefore if you don’t fit the above description 100% but are willing to take initiative and learn, please consider applying anyway. We are excited to talk to people from a variety of backgrounds and explore how you can add to our culture! We also like to meet people where they’re at, so if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process please let us know.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying