Pathcore is a remote-first biotech company specializing in whole slide digital pathology image management and workflow. We develop advanced enterprise software used throughout the medical market to manage pathology data and support cancer information. We are passionate about developing software that makes a difference.
Working with our product team, we’re looking to add a Senior Designer to help us develop modern web apps for digital pathology.
Responsibilities - What you’ll do day to day
- Translate feature ideas into effective UI/UX experiences
- Be involved in product development, from research to implementation
- Speak with scientific customers and understand their needs, then communicate this information back to the Engineering team and infuse it into your designs
- Understand the workflow requirements for pre-clinical and clinical uses of imaging
- Collaborate with the product teams to outline user flows and prototype initial wireframes
- Produce intuitive and beautiful user interfaces for web, mobile, and iOS
- Run user testing to inform design decisions
- Communicate design solutions with the engineering team during development
Qualifications - Who you are day to day / What you need to get the job
- 3+ years of professional product design experience
- Technical background in Life Sciences, Biology, Engineering, or Computer Science
- A portfolio showcasing your UI/UX skills for web apps and scientific tools
- Experience with microscopy or image analysis
- Proficiency with contemporary design tools (we’re currently using Figma)
- Experience working with development teams to bring designs to life
- Experience with several forms of user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
What gives you bonus points?
- Education or experience with microscopy or pathology
- Experience with medical imaging software, image analysis, or scientific applications
- Experience with ISO 27000 regulations
- Willingness to wear multiple hats (literally and figuratively)
- Willingness to question the status quo
Why Pathcore? - What’s in it for you
- The knowledge that your job is making a difference in the world
- A very nice monthly salary
- 3 weeks of paid time off (including a week over the holidays)
- Flexible work schedules
- Health and dental benefits
- Home Office allowance
- Growth Opportunities!
- This is a remote position, so you get to work from where you want (Within Canada)
- Really awesome coworkers (if we do say so ourselves)
We’re looking to grow as a diverse and inclusive workspace. We recognize that each person brings their own unique experiences and knowledge to a position, therefore if you don’t fit the above description 100% but are willing to take the initiative to learn, please consider applying anyway. We are excited to talk to people from a variety of backgrounds and explore how you can add to our culture! We also like to meet people where they’re at, so if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process please let us know.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying