Pathcore is a remote-first biotech company specializing in whole slide digital pathology image management and workflow. We develop advanced enterprise software used throughout the medical market to manage pathology data and support cancer information. We are passionate about developing software that makes a difference.
Our Engineering team is in a period of rapid growth, we have a vision for where we want to take our products, and are building a team to make that happen. As part of this growth phase we’re hiring Technical Team Leads for our Web and Native Development Teams. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this is an excellent opportunity to step into a leadership role, and combine your love of technology with people management skills.
Qualifications - What you need to get the job
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience mentoring and/or managing a team of developers
- Experience developing web application backends using Flask (preferred), Django, Rails, Express, or an equivalent framework
- Experience developing, optimizing and debugging complex SQL databases
- Experience using software development tools and methods (source control, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experience deploying software on cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure)
Responsibilities - What you’ll do day to day
- Provide oversight and mentoring to a team of 3 - 4 developers
- Oversee and contribute to the technical development of our web applications (Flow, Scholar)
- Coordinate with other members of the Engineering team to develop architecture and implementation plans
- Provide direction regarding best practices and process improvements
- Take an active role in understanding technical requirements and devise solutions for achieving them
- Track project progress, including defining scope, determining resources, and reviewing target completion rates.
- Reinforce our Quality First approach with the team
- Produce high-quality, well-tested, and user friendly software
- Explore and learn new technologies
What gives you bonus points?
- Experience with medical imaging software, image analysis, or microscopy
- Willingness to wear multiple hats (literally and figuratively)
- An understanding of the difference between leadership and management
- Experience with compliance programs such as ISO 27000
- The knowledge that your job is making a difference in the world
- A quality first mentality when it comes to work - opportunity to invest in building lasting code
- A very nice monthly salary
- Minimum 3 weeks of paid time off (including a week over the holidays)
- Flexible work schedules
- Robust health benefits
- Home Office allowance
- Growth Opportunities!
- This is a remote position, so you get to work from where you want (Within Canada)
- Really awesome coworkers (if we do say so ourselves)
We’re looking to grow as a diverse and inclusive workspace. We recognize that each person brings their own unique experiences and knowledge to a position, therefore if you don’t fit the above description 100% but are willing to take initiative and learn, please consider applying anyway. We are excited to talk to people from a variety of backgrounds and explore how you can add to our culture! We also like to meet people where they’re at, so if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process please let us know.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying